Monday, January 11, 2010

2 Minute Hair

If you are like me, I am NOT a morning person, which is one of the reasons I love my 2 minute hair style. When most people get a weave, they always ask me "How do you wrap your hair up at night?" Well too be honest it really depends on where I am going the next day and how I am planning on wearing my hair that day. But more times that not I prepare my hair for bed using my two minute method so when I wake up I only have to spend two minutes on my hair. To do the same thing all you need is few flexirods (I only use two large ones) (pictured below) and a couple of bobby pins (I only use two). The number of both really depends on your desired style. I first part my leaveout or bang in the front and loosely pincurl it laying flat (the tighter you roll it, the tighter your curl will be) one pin curl on each side of my part. This takes care of the entire front of my hair. I then part the back into two section and roll my hair with one flexirod on each side, tie my scarf and I''m done. In the morning, I unroll the flexirods and take out the bobby pins, shake my head up and down to loosen the curls and go. Miraculously it appears like I have a head full of curls and a perfect bang. *Tip: If my curls are too tight, I take a low heat flat iron or curling iron and go over the curl to loosen it up a little bit.


Flexi rods (they come in different colors, I use the purple ones for medium size curls)



Here is a youtube video on flexi rods and pin curling
Flexi Rods (she keeps them in for a few minutes, I sleep in them)



Pincurling


The best thing about both is you are minimizing the amount of heat you put on your hair, and whether you are wearing a weave or your natural hair, the less heat the better.

1 comment:

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy